Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

This is the recipe for one of my family's favorite soups.  I also quadruple the recipe and serve it to people at the mission in a giant crock pot.  I don't think I've ever had anyone say they didn't like it, and that is something when you're dealing with kids.  Enjoy this comfort food on a cool autumn night.

2-12.5 oz. cans of Chicken
5- 10.5 oz cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 or 2 sticks of butter (I'm a butter freak, so I add 2.)
Egg noodles (1 lb.)
10 chicken bouillon cubes
10 cups of water
A bag of frozen vegetables cooked (Optional)

Cook bouillon cubes in water until boiling.  Turn down heat and add egg noodles and butter; cook noodles until almost tender. Turn down to simmer and add chicken, soup, and veggies if desired. ( I don't add veggies because I have some picky eaters, but serve salad or fruit with it instead.)  Stir until it is lovely, creamy goodness and serve.  Enjoy!



The photo is from Taste of Home and is not exactly my recipe, but it looks really similar to mine

No comments :

Post a Comment