Saturday, November 1, 2014

Life Lessons


 

My stepmom, Liz, married my dad when I was pretty young so she was just like a second mom to me.  She fought against cancer for many years and finally lost her battle.  She taught me many important lessons while she was alive, but I’ll just share the one that means the most to me.  She enjoyed each moment she had and truly focused on the people around her.   She would never be trying to do something else while you talked to her.  She always put aside her busy schedule and just loved on her grand-kids when they came over.  I’m a busy mom and sometimes I catch myself trying to multi-task while my kids are talking to me.  Then I think of Liz, and I try my best to concentrate on the most important thing in life, the people I love.

No comments :

Post a Comment